So here we go with some of my favorite resources!
1. The Target dollar section has to be the best thing ever! Every time I go to Target I have to stop by and see if there is anything I can pick up, wether it be as simple as magnets and pencils to buckets and tubs! I just love it! And as a first year teacher...I cannot beat the prices!
2. Online resources are definitely a must! Amazon is amazing for getting cheap books for thematic units! Havefunteaching.com has to have some of the greatest resources around for the classroom! The activities section is AMAZING! Also, I LOVE the songs! At the beginning of my student teaching semester I knew the students were going to be working on space so I started looking around and this website and the cutest song about the planets! I can still see and hear my students singing it!
3. On the note of music and songs! (It is kind of a theme here...) I love youtube! I did not know that some schools can allow privilege to this website and the school I student taught at did! My wonderful cooperating teacher did the best morning calendar on the smart board and she incorporated songs from youtube! Songs about money, time, days of the week, months of the year, place value, counting...you name it!
4. One of the coolest things I stumbled upon was HeidiSongs! I really fell in love with the phonics songs! O and O go oo oo oo like a monkey, like a monkey! They get stuck in my head so easily and I will be humming them at random times! I can only imagine how much fun students would have with the singing and the movements! Here is the oo video on youtube!
5. Scrappin Doodles and Fonts are another resource that I love because they are how I make all of these fun resources for my students! I love getting ideas from the cute clipart and turning it into a product! I would have never created my Oinking Cowboys activity if I had not been scrolling through Scrappin Doodles and seen the cute pig cowboys! This ties back to TpT which has been a great resource for me as I begin teaching!
Anyways...I am sure I could go on, but these are some of my favorites! If you would like to link up and share your favorite resources remember to stop by Kelley's Teacher Idea Factory to share! Hope everyone is having a great week!