Blog Background

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Shopping Linky!

Being a new teacher I feel like all I am shopping for is my classroom! So why not share with you! Thanks to Ladybug's Teacher Files for hosting this fun linky!


My most recent purchase was my teacher chair that I have been posting about the past two days! Here is a current look at it! 



I am so excited to see it finished! Patience! 

Another thing I have been working on for my classroom is my class library. I was a reluctant reader when I was in school and in one of my college classes I did a project on helping reluctant readers want to read. The most common answer I found in my research...have a welcoming classroom library! So while at Target (my second home!) I stumbled upon these on sale!! Woohoo!



They are called a Bumpidoodle! I just couldn't resist these! I hope my students love them as much as I do!

Another wonderful thing I purchased at target was chip trays from the dollar section (even though they were $2.50). My wonderful mentor teacher purchased them and told me how she is going to use them! When I heard I ran over to target and picked up a few for my classroom! 


This is not the exact one I got, but it is the same idea! A center and six additional spots. So when teaching number sense or using manipulatives in math load up these babies and let your students choose which manipulative they want to use! So fun and who would have ever thought of this! If you have done this in your classroom or something like it, share how it went? Thanks!

I hope the rest of your are having a fun summer! Remember to head over to Ladybug's Teacher Files to share your summer shopping! 




1 comment:

  1. I just found you through the linky party, and I'm your newest follower. I can't wait to see what you do with that great chair! I've been shopping too. Come by when you get a chance!


    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox

    ReplyDelete