Here is what I started with:
My sister, fiancé and I then started ripping the fabric off, but we kept the fabric together:
My wonderful fiancé started to sand some parts of the chair that were rough:
Then prime it:
Then paint it the color of your choice! I was debating this for a while, but with the zebra fabric, I thought I was going to use, I thought black would look best:
This is when the project went on hold! Thank you Arizona monsoons! I love them, but they were not letting me finish this project!
Then, one day, my wonderful fiancé, he ended up helping me a TON with this, top coated the chair and while he was doing that I cute the fabric. I cut it bigger then the original because I wanted to fold the fabric under when I stapled it to the chair, hoping that fraying would be minimized!:
Then I used scotch guard to protect the cute fabric and began stapling away! Fold, staple, fold, staple...:
Then I stumbled upon the cutest trim for the chair to give it a pop! I got fabric glue and a lot of patience!:
I repeated again on all sides and TA-DA! Wonderful teacher chair completed (minus bow)!
Sorry for the mess I have been doing lots of teacher shopping! Oh and the lighter, I used this to burn the edges of the trim so that it would minimize fraying! Very important!
Thanks for following along to this long reveal of my chair! I am so excited! There are a few imperfections, but it was the first time I ever did something like this and I didn't follow any tutorial so I am thrilled with how it turned out! Have a wonderful Monday and be sure to link up with 4th Grade Frolics and share your Monday Made it!
Oh and don't forget to enter my giveaway! It is ending in a few days! Who wouldn't love to get some Skippy items from Kohls and grab a Starbucks! Click here to head on over to enter!